A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for a renowned manufacturing organization. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for planning and designing manufacturing processes with the plant. Tasks include preparing process specifications and procedures, recommending process improvements based on tests and production data, and providing floor assembly support. Qualified candidates must have a BS in Engineering, 2+ years? of process or manufacturing experience within an assembly environment, and knowledge/ experience with Lean Manufacturing principles, material flow, 5S, and time studies. This is a direct hire position located in Columbus, GA. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Prepare plans, process specifications and procedures, and create assembly fixtures
- Compile and evaluate test and production data, prepare technical analysis, and recommend manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives
- Provide production floor and assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, Engineering Change Notices, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications
- Conduct analysis or tests pertaining to the development of new methods, materials, processes or standards and provide recommendations accordingly
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- BS in Engineering
- 2+ years? of process or manufacturing experience within an assembly environment
- Candidates must have experience with Lean Manufacturing principles, material flow, 5S, time studies, material presentation, and ergonomic principles
- Proficiency with CAD Software
- Comprehensive benefits
- 401 K with match
- Company target bonus
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business—identifying the ideal professionals for an organization’s culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.